MS BOB Calendar of Events
Battle of the Books Interest Meetings
Calling all 6th, 7th, and 8th grade readers! We are gearing up for this school year's Battle of the Books (BOB) and we want you to join! BOB is a game-show style reading competition where students are encouraged to read and answer questions based on selected titles. This meeting is a great opportunity to learn more about the books we plan to read this year, the format of the competition, our upcoming BOB programs, and more. We invite school media specialists and teachers who are interested in coaching, as well as 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students and their parents who would like to know more about BOB.
- Saturday, September 23, 2023 at 2:00 pm at Morgan Memorial Library
- Wednesday, September 27, 2023 at 6:00 pm live/virtually via Zoom (Sign up here.)
- Monday, October 2, 2023 at 6:00 pm at North Suffolk Library
Get Ready for Battle: MIddle School Battle of the Books Discussion Programs [LIVE]
On select Wednesdays 6:30 pm via Zoom
Join us for our virtual Middle School Battle of the Books (MS BOB) discussion programs to get ready to compete against other sixth through eighth graders in Suffolk and Portsmouth. Come to each meeting prepared to discuss the novel and answer challenging questions. We will cover each of our BOB titles. Registration is required. Zoom link will be e-mailed to participants. Grades 6-8th.
- Wednesday, October 25th - A Sporting Chance: How Ludwig Guttman Created the Paralympic Games **Author Visit
- Wednesday, November 8th - Letters from Cuba ** Author Visit
- Wednesday, December 13th - The False Prince
- Wednesday, January 10th - City Spies
- Wednesday, February 7th - A First Time for Everything
- Wednesday, March 6th - Practice
Programs will be recorded and shared with participants via the BOB Google Drive folder so they can be used for review purposes.
Participating Student & Coach Social: Late January or February
School & Practice battles: March 2024
City Battles: Late March/Early April 2024
Final Battle: Mid-April 2024
Exact dates and times for 2024 Winter/Spring events are tentative and subject to change. Exact dates/times will be provided closer to the event dates. Check our Calendar of Classes & Events for the latest information.