- CDC Site
- WHO Advice
- City of Suffolk Information
- Suffolk Public Schools Emergency Info
- COVID-19 Crisis Resources
- EVMS Child Care Resources
- ALA Resources
- US Chamber of Commerce Coronavirus Emergency Loans Small Business Guide and Checklist
- Free Access to Reading Material
- Free Learning Resources
Visit our Staff Favorite Off-Site Links page for even more online resources.
Learn more about Library Services At Home.
View LIVE and recorded virtual classes and events.
Join our Spring Into Reading Challenge for ways to stay connected with your community and enter weekly raffles for a chance to win prizes.
To address the ongoing COVID-19 situation:
- Following National, State, and our local Emergency Declarations regarding COVID-19, and out of an abundance of caution, all Suffolk Public Library locations will be closed to the public from Monday, March 16, 2020 until further notice.
- All classes through the end of April have been cancelled. Our online calendar will be updated as needed.
- People can call and sign up for a library card over the phone to get instant access to digital materials (757-514-7323 M-F, 9am-5pm)
- Books will be automatically renewed, holds have been extended and no bills are being issued while we’re closed. WiFi2Gos will not be deactivated if currently checked out. If a book has a hold on it, it will not be auto-renewed but customers can still hold onto those books as no bills will be issued.
- Print from Anywhere service offered for no-contact pick-up at Morgan Memorial Library and North Suffolk Library. Call 757-514-7323 for details.
- IconiCon, originally scheduled for March 28, has been postponed. Follow updates and announcements here.
- Little Free Libraries are being stocked at Holland Hardware Store, Tyne St Playground, Lake Meade Park, Paul D. Camp campus.
- We are in constant evaluation of our outreach into the community and will make decisions based on the information available with community and staff safety as a priority. At this time, Pop-Up Library visits are being suspended.
- Hand sanitizer and other cleaning tools are being utilized in all City facilities including the active disinfecting of frequently used items (e.g. door knobs/handles, light switches, computers, Kronos biometric clocks, toys, etc.).