Current Hours of Operation:
All locations remain closed to the public.
Virtual chat service and staff availability through the phone: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Curbside pickup service: 10:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Learn more about Library Services At Home.
View LIVE and recorded virtual classes and events.
Join our Summer Reading Challenge for ways to stay connected with your community and enter weekly raffles for a chance to win prizes including a way to support local businesses.
To address the ongoing COVID-19 situation:
- Following National, State, and our local Emergency Declarations regarding COVID-19, and out of an abundance of caution, all Suffolk Public Library locations will be closed to the public from Monday, March 16, 2020 until further notice.
- Contactless Curbside Pickup will begin Monday, June 22, 2020 at Morgan Memorial and North Suffolk Library:
- Available Monday - Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Library cardholders must place holds in advance and wait to receive text/email notification before coming to the library.
- Once at library, drive or walk up to one of the two designated spots and call the library.
- Library staff will bring items out and place on table, and then indicate when the customer can approach the table to retrieve their items.
- Any items customers bring back to the library must be returned to the item drops and will not be accepted on the tables.
- Library cardholders can place items on hold through their account online, virtual chat or by calling the library.
- People are encouraged to review their accounts and cancel any holds they no longer need.
- All in-library classes through August have been cancelled but you can visit our online calendar for information on virtual events and Virtual2Go packs.
- People can call and sign up for a library card over the phone to get instant access to digital materials (757-514-7323 Monday - Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) or apply online.
- Click on the green Ask a Question tab to start a live chat, text or e-mail library staff. Live chat will be available Monday - Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Books will be automatically renewed, holds have been extended and no bills are being issued while we’re closed. WiFi2Gos will not be deactivated if currently checked out. If a book has a hold on it, it will not be auto-renewed but customers can still hold onto those books as no bills will be issued.
- Print from Anywhere service offered for no-contact pick-up at Morgan Memorial Library and North Suffolk Library. Call 757-514-7323 for details.
- Little Free Libraries are being stocked at Holland Hardware Store, Tyne St Playground, Lake Meade Park, Paul D. Camp campus and our Morgan Memorial and North Suffolk Library locations.
- We are in constant evaluation of our outreach into the community and will make decisions based on the information available with community and staff safety as a priority. At this time, Pop-Up Library visits are being suspended.
- Hand sanitizer and other cleaning tools are being utilized in all City facilities including the active disinfecting of frequently used items (e.g. door knobs/handles, light switches, computers, Kronos biometric clocks, toys, etc.).