About Homeschool Hub
Homeschool Hub is a bimonthly meetup during the schoolyear for homeschooling families in and around Suffolk. We typically meet at both the Morgan Memorial Library and the North Suffolk Library and offer special hands-on activities designed to enrich your curriculum with a new focus each quarter. While you do not need to be a library member to participate it is encouraged that you sign up for a library card with Suffolk Public Library to give you access to the many free materials and resources available to you.
Homeschool Hub Sessions
- Wednesday, September 15th at North Suffolk Library
- Tuesday, September 21st at Morgan Memorial Library
Local History with SPL’s Local History Librarian
- Wednesday, September 29th at North Suffolk Library
- Tuesday, October 5th at Morgan Memorial Library
Battle of Hampton Roads with Hampton Roads Naval Museum
- Wednesday, October 27th at North Suffolk Library
- Tuesday, November 9th at Morgan Memorial Library
- Wednesday, December 8th at North Suffolk Library
- Tuesday, December 14th at Morgan Memorial Library
Special Event: Living History Family Day: Experience the Regency Era
Come to learn and participate in interactive demonstrations of Regency Era life. Play period games, learn from War of 1812 reenactors and experience what life was like as a soldier, meet a doctor and learn about medicine and see medical instruments of the time, try English Country Dancing, and more! Presenters are from the Regency Society of Virginia. Some interactive stations will be inside while others will be right outside the North Suffolk Library. All ages.
- Saturday, October 2nd 10:30 am - 2 pm at North Suffolk Library
Peanut Farm and Old General Store (Zuni, VA)
- Tuesday, October 12th 10:30 am - 2 pm, with time to eat a packed lunch
Great Dismal Swamp
Learn about the Maroon people and more history of the Great Dismal Swamp.
- Wednesday, November 17th or Tuesday, November 30th 1:30 - 3 pm
Check out our list of community resources for homeschooling families.