The Suffolk Public Library is committed to connecting individuals and groups to information, ideas, and experiences. Our volunteer program encourages giving back to the community of Suffolk by working side-by-side with library staff to deliver and promote library services that reflect an informed, enlightened, and thriving community.
Volunteer position openings vary throughout the year and whether you are interested in making a weekly commitment or working on a short-term project, we have a number of positions from which to choose. At any given time, our library locations may be looking for volunteers in the following categories:
- Public Service Volunteer – Work with the public to gain customer service skills and learn different facets of library circulation and collection maintenance.
- Technology Volunteer – Assist library staff by fielding questions in library computer labs and troubleshooting patron computer problems.
- Grounds Volunteer – Gain experience in grounds maintenance by working with library management to maintain external library aesthetics.
- Outreach Volunteer – Help promote the library by assisting library staff at outreach events
- Teen Advisory Group Volunteer (teens only) – Participate in planning library programming for teens, volunteer at library events, and participate in service projects.
- Applicants must be at least 14 years of age.
- Applicants ages 18 and older are required to complete a consent to a background check.
- Print and complete the Volunteer Application Packet and return to any library location. Packets are also available at the library.
For additional information contact Megan Mulvey, Outreach and Program Services Manager of the Suffolk Public Library, 757-514-7313, firstname.lastname@example.org.