Strategic Plan (2016-2021)
Library Vision Statement
Create an informed, enlightened, and thriving community where all can achieve their highest potential.
Library Mission Statement
Connect individuals and groups to information, ideas and experiences.
Goal 1: Enhance quality of life by connecting individuals and groups to information, ideas and experiences.
- Create a mechanism for obtaining ongoing community feedback regarding library programs and services.
- Provide programs and services that are responsive to the educational needs of youth and their families.
- Provide programs and services that are responsive to community needs of adults.
- Provide collections that are responsive to community needs.
- Educate the community on the wealth of information, ideas and experiences available through the library.
Goal 2: Enhance library facilities to meet the needs of a growing and diverse community.
- Reconfigure current and design future library spaces to better meet needs of community and staff.
- Advocate for the technology solutions that best meet the needs of the community for current and future facilities.
- Ensure facilities are clean, safe, and accessible.
Goal 3: Capitalize on public and private resources to improve and expand library services.
- Grow internal capacity to expand external financial resources.
- Develop formal partnerships with community organizations, private sector, educational institutions and governmental agencies to share resources to effectively achieve common goals.
Goal 4: Cultivate a talented and engaged workforce within the library system.
- Create clear, consistent policies that are well communicated to staff.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive training and career development plan for library staff.
- Foster a collaborative and supportive work environment where each employee’s talents and abilities are valued.
Approved by the Suffolk Library Advisory Board July 12, 2016